The Teacher Trainees’ Association of Ghana (TTAG) has officially opened nominations for the 2020/2021 TTAG elections.
According to the National Executive Council (NEC) of the trainees’ association, local SRCs have been ordered by their Colleges to serve another term of office.
This among other factors compelled the NEC of TTAG to review earlier decision to suspend congress for three month. Their decision went ahead to reveal that, there shall be congress and elections. The decision also activated the Electoral Commission of the association to also meet and prepare towards congress.
Below are the modalities for vying for position in TTAG.
Article 6 (a) Membership or Affiliation.
Every student in a recognized College Of Education in Ghana which is approved by Ghana Education Service or National Council for Tertiary Education and TTAG shall be a member of TTAG. In view of this, all National, Sector and Local Officers must be students of the Colleges Of Education with exception of Coordinator, PRM and Administrator who must be newly trained teachers.
With reference to the above preamble, the association’s E.C wishes to set the 2020 modalities that shall be used for the election at National level as;
- With reference to Article 25 of the TTAG constitution, all positions contested for by prospective final year students shall be contested for by prospective third year students.
- All other positions as stated in the constitution remain the same.
SALES AND SUBMISSION OF NOMINATION FORMS.
- An aspirant must purchase a form from National Secretariat.
- Forms purchased should be filled and submitted to the electoral commission at least 24hours to the commencement of vetting.
- Aspirant must have a good standing (no bad record from his or her training institution, former school or community)
- An aspirant must be a dues payer with exception of PRM and Coordinator.
- An aspirant must provide;
A) Student’s I.D
B) Voter’s or any National I.D
C) Three copies of a well – developed CV
D) Three copies of recommendation letter.
- There will be a closed door vetting
- An aspirant may provide a maximum of 2 or 3 witnesses from 3 different Sectors.
- The pass score for all candidates at the vetting will be 60% or more.
- All candidates reading manifesto shall be allowed to answer a minimum of 4 questions and a maximum of 6 questions.
- a) All candidates will present a detail working document (Manifesto) to delegates.
b. Aspirants for coordinator and PRM will prepare and give their manifesto in an extemporaneous manner.
c) Candidates for national president shall present their manifesto in a debate form.
- All aspirants appearing for vetting shall pay GH25.00 as commitment.
- Vetting will commence immediately after opening ceremony.
- All accredited delegates shall be allowed to vote.
- An observer shall have no voting right however, he or she can be voted for.
- There shall be no proxy voting.
- An aggrieved delegate or candidate has the right to petition the E.C not later than an hour after the declaration of the vetting results.
- All aspirants must campaign devoid of denigration.
- Under no circumstance should an aspirant give false information.
- Any aspirant who goes against any of the above modalities shall be disqualified.
COST OF NOMINATION FORMS
- PPRESIDENT – GHC370
- VICE PRESIDENT – GHC320
- COORDINATOR – GHC350
- FINANCIAL SECRETARY – GHC320
- GENERAL SECRETARY – GHC320
- VICE SECRETARY – GHC270
- TREASURER – GHC270
- WOMEN’S COMMISSIONER – GHC270
- ORGANIZING SECRETARY – GHC270
- VICE ORGANIZING SECRETARY – GHC270
- PRM – GHC270
N.B. (a) Money paid as cost of nomination form is not refundable.
(b) All Sectors should endeavour to present candidates for various positions.
(C) All prospective aspirants are being reminded about the provision of article 10 Clause 6 in the TTAG construction.
Finally, the EC wishes to inform trainees of the 46 colleges of education and all our stakeholders that, nomination has been officially opened for the 2020/2021 TTAG year.